Camano Island Info. All rights reserved.
Welcome to Camano Island info ! Whether you are a visitor or resident you have come to the right place to get all the info you need !
View from Tyee Beach looking toward Kayak Point .
• There are 13,358 year round residents but inflates to over 17,000 plus in the summer!
• The island has a total land area of 39.77 square miles which is 15.6 miles in length and 7 miles wide at its widest point.
• Camano Island is named for the Spanish explorer Jacinto Caamaño.
• In the 1800’s, Camano Island was once referred to as Perry Island as well as Crow Island. Kikalos and Snohomish Indians once inhabited this island gathering seafood and berries.
• An earthquake in 1825 caused the south tip of Camano head to slide off, sweeping away the WHESH-
Looking north from Tyee beach towards Tillicum Beach, Livingston Bay and Stanwood.
Average Annual Precipitation on Camano Island is 29 inches a year. Compared to Washington States average of 39 inches a year. Average yearly temperature is 51 degrees.
Your Camano Island boating forecast for wind, sky conditions and temperatures.
Click for live web cam view from Camano Island towards Warm Beach.
High and low tide information for Stanwood and Kayak point near Camano Island !
English Boom historical park was the site of a bustling timber industry in 1922-
Camano Island has several annual events that are fun for everyone !
The Camano Center continuously provides events throughout the year that yourself or your family can enjoy. Events such as Lobster Mania, Halloween Dance, Holiday Crafts and Gift Bazaar, Chili and Chowder Cook off, New Years Eve Dance, Singles Night, Etc. Check out there events page >>HERE<<.
Camano Island Farmers Market at Terry’s corner is another great destination for the summer ! The market is open every Monday July -
Camano Island Shelter Association and the Friends of CASA plans shelter outreach events in the community. They sponsor CASA events such as our Dog Wash, Rummage Sale, Bake Sale, and more. There are also some volunteer administrative opportunities within the Friends of CASA. If it has to do with fundraising, gathering donations, or telling the world about our organization, the Friends of CASA do it! Take a look at there events page >>HERE<< for more information.
Camano Island Fishing Derby is put on by Elger Bay Grocery and Gifts in August. Refer to there web page >>HERE<< for more information about this great event !